Hi. I used to use this blog a lot more than i do now. I don't agree with much of what i've posted here, but such is the nature of time. :) My instagram & facebook are likely to be more up to date.

help me drive people to the polls in pennsylvania!

>> Friday, October 17, 2008

you might notice this button DOWN ANd TO THE LEFT... while i can always use money and am happy to receive donations, the reason i have it up right now is to raise money to drive people to the polls on november 4th. i live in pennsylvania (pittsburgh specifically) and it is still (despite recent trends) a swing state. since i don't own a car, i am going to rent one for $67 through zipcar (a hybrid, in fact!) please consider donating, especially if you live in somewhere obama or mccain is definitely going to win.

and don't worry, i'll move the button all the way to the bottom after the 4th... in the meantime, go download the obama rap tune on this post... GOBAMA!!!

4 comments:

Zack October 22, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

You suddenly have faith in the american political process?

james gyre... October 22, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

shooting good to get perfect never made sense to me.

obama is the shit. best viable presidential candidate ever. period.

and pennsylvania is the most important state for obama to hold at this junction.

the process is rotting, but that doesn't mean it's better to avoid affecting it.

it takes a day to vote (or drive people to the polls), and the rest of the year can be spent on whatever revolutionary activity you like best...

Anonymous October 30, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Hey, I have a question: I have a car and would like to head down myself (I live in NYC where we walk to the polls and consistently elect democrats anyway) but I don't know about any where to plug in (could call the obama campaign I guess)

If you have a link where I can sign up to get assignments, that would be huge!

james gyre... October 31, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

i'd contact the obama campaign like you said. also, the PA league of young voters should have people who need rides.

also, buy granola bars, umbrellas if it's raining and bring cheap folding chairs to give out if there are lines.

contact the state (or the NAACP) to find out where they expect long lines.

good luck and good show!

got money? feed kids!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP