awesome piano scale resource
>> Friday, August 8, 2008

i've always really liked this piano scale resource site. it's super-intuitive, exhaustive and has funny names of chords like "enigmatic", "pelog", and "roumanian minor" (which is a beautiful scale...)
3 comments:
As I've been trying to learn more interesting scales on the guitar I too have been struck by how funny the names are, but yes the enigmatic and pelog scales are their actual names. I've currently been getting down with the hungarian melodic minor in lydian mode, and the bebop dorian (eight-note jazz) scales.
Thanks my brotha, these shortcuts are very useful to people like me; I know what i want it to sound like, i can play it, but i need to name it...
glad you like it, mike. lots to mine here... the two whole tone scales are beautiful, and i like c,c#,d#,f,f#,g,g#,a#,c... it's basically c blues with all the black keys. good for switching between funky and mysterious...
Post a Comment