Hi. I used to use this blog a lot more than i do now. I don't agree with much of what i've posted here, but such is the nature of time. :) My instagram & facebook are likely to be more up to date.

sleep is for the freak

>> Wednesday, February 20, 2008


my son, river, asleep in my kimono.

i read this article today after laura left it up (after using stumble) on our computer. it's and interesting method for becoming a morning person. like the author, i naturally am a night owl, but i notice i am more productive when i get up early in the day. the article is great, but here is an excerpt:

"The optimal solution for me has been to combine both approaches. It’s very simple, and many early risers do this without even thinking about it, but it was a mental breakthrough for me nonetheless. The solution was to go to bed when I’m sleepy (and only when I’m sleepy) and get up with an alarm clock at a fixed time (7 days per week). So I always get up at the same time (in my case 5am), but I go to bed at different times every night... ...A side effect was that on average, I slept about 90 minutes less per night, but I actually felt more well-rested."

by the way, stumble is awesome. it sends you to a random site, and then you say whether you like it or not, and then it learns, continually. i've found a TON of cool sites through that portal.

0 comments:

got money? feed kids!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP